Financial advisor branding is crucial to attracting clients and fully monetizing your firm. If yours is a wealth management firm, “wealth” likely should be in the name of your company. If yours is primarily an asset manager or lender, then “financial” or some other finance term may be better to use in your branding. Shorter names are easier to remember and generally considered better for branding, but clarity is often more important than brevity.
Whether you use a founder’s name or initials, an acronym, or other meaningful terms, adding “wealth” or “financial” tells prospects and clients what your firm is all about.
Ten ideas to improve financial advisor branding (or re-branding)
- Determine the type of clients you want to attract
- Analyze what makes your company different or better
- Codify your unique value proposition (UVP)
- Choose company name options that reflect your strengths, aspirations, and opportunities
- Acquire the best .com domain name available for your company
- Federally register your brand’s trademark
- Create your slogan and brand message
- Design your unique brand visuals including logo and website
- Keep using, building, and reinforcing your branding strategy
- Continually analyze your brand and change it as needed
Click here to search for great financial advisor domain names.